So what did I eat that was tasty this week…………
This week, I finally decided to try pizza crusts made with canned chicken breast! This viral trend intrigued me, but I was hesitant. My husband was concerned it would hold up toppings, and so was I.
After looking over several recipes, I decided to give it a go. I used a 12.5 ounes can of premium chicken breast – drained, 1 large egg, about 3 tablespoons of egg white, and about 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese.
1. In a mixing bowl, I whisked the egg with the egg whites, added the chicken breast, and then used the whisk to shredd it.
2. Next, I added the parmesan cheese and combined everything well.
3. I dumped the mixture on parchment paper, topped with another sheet of parchment, and rolled out into a ractangle (the size of a cookie sheet).
4. I removed the top parchment and moved the bottom parchment with crust to a cookie sheet.
5. I baked on 400 for 8 minutes and then switced to broil for about 2 minutes (just keep an eye on it).
6. I then topped it with sauce, turkey pepperoni, and mozeralla cheese.
7. Baked for 10 minutes at 400, then broil for 2 minutes (again, keep an eye on it).
My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised. The crust was a perfect texture and thickness. The flavor was spot on. This will defianlty be added to the meal rotation in our house. This was quick, easy, tasty, and all ingredients we usually have on hand.
If you have been hesitant to try, like we were, I encourage you to give it go!
What did you try that was tasty this week?
You must be logged in to post a comment.